Thursday, December 19, 2013

Matcha white chocolate chip cookies (version 1)



Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way~

HOHOHO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hello everyone, I am definitely getting into the christmas mood nowadays. I really can't wait for christmas! Eager to meet all my friends, and have parties with gift exchanges!

For the festive season, I'm getting into the cookie baking frenzy! Nope, not baking the conventional christmas cut out cookies with icing decorations, but specials ones like matcha flavour. In case you do not know, matcha is japanese green tea. I love the fragrance of it. (yes, currently obsessed over matcha flavoured food as well :P) I experimented with 2 different recipes that gave me 2 completely different result. In the post I will be posting version 1, which is more like the normal kind of white chocolate chip cookie with subtle matcha flavour. Version 2 (click here)is more crunchy and has a more intense matcha flavour. I gave them to a few friends to taste, but the conclusion was both versions are nice! Depends on your own preference though.

Recipe adapted from hilarymakes.com
Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp matcha powder
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
6 oz good quality white chocolate chips

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, matcha powder, baking soda and salt

3. In another larger bowl, mix together the butter with both sugars, until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.

4. Fold in the white chocolate chunks.

5. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough on a non-stick baking sheet, or a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the centre.

Makes 3 dozen


Pardon me for the lack of skills which resulted in the cookies turning out kind of ugly ): BUT, taste-wise it was really good, no joke! I stacked up my cookies into a pyramid and with my awesome photo editing skills I made a christmas tree out of it. HAHAHA. Looks decent right??

Try it yourself!

Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment