Friday, December 20, 2013

Matcha white chocolate chips cookies (version 2)



Hello people, here's the second recipe which I tried in my quest to search for the best matcha cookie. In my opinion, I prefer this version to version 1 (click here) because this has a stronger matcha taste. Anyway, both recipes make yummy cookies, it is really up to your own preference.

Recipe adapted from justonecookbook
(do visit justonecookbook for step-by-step pictures!)

Ingredients
240g all purpose flour
15g green tea powder (matcha)
150g unsalted butter, softened
130g powder sugar
Pinch of salt
2 large egg yolks
1/3 - 1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Method
1. Sift the flour and the matcha powder.

2. Cream together the butter, sugar, and salt until soft and light.

3. Add the egg yolks and beat well.

4. Gradually add the flour/matcha powder mixture.

5. Fold in the white chocolate chips.

6. Shape the dough into 2 round logs and wrap them in plastic wrap. Place your wrapped log on a bed of rice to chill to remain its cylindrical shape. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or, better yet, overnight.

Preheat oven to 150C degrees. Remove the dough from plastic wrap and cut the cookie slices to 7mm (1/4 inch) thick. It might be hard to cut due to chocolate chips, so be gentle!

Bake for 20-22 minutes then cool on a rack.


I think this is one of the most photogenic cookies that I have ever baked. Brightly green in colour, surely make a good christmas cookie as well!

I love to stack them up as high as possible! It's so fun!

These cookies serve as great gifts as well! Pack them nicely in a box and they could be the best gift one ever receives this christmas. After all, nothing's better than a box of freshly baked cookies that are made with lots of love? I would definitely love to receive a box of these lovelies.

Not only christmas, I think these are great for chinese new year as well. Hence, I am thinking of baking these for CNY to treat my relatives. Hope they will love it as much as I did.

What about you?

Try it! Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment